flat roof to pitched

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, any advice would be gratefully received,

I currently have an extension (3.30m x 1.70m) with a flat tiled roof on it, the tiles dont so much run water off as run it back on itself and now leaks (it was made in the 80s so i imagine the felt underneath kept it waterproof for some time)

anyhow, I want to put a pitched roof on it and due to not wanting to lose the height in the window above, have been advised a rubber membrane roof would be the way forwards, I have been quoted a price of £5300 to have this done which is quite frankly a joke

i can get a membrane and all the gear for around 3-400 quid, but would like some advice on the best way of going forwards on this myself! all replies appreciated!

Sponsored Links
found a couple for around 500 quid lol, but i'd rather not go down that route, hence why im asking for help

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Why can't you just put tiles on at a lower level to match where you would otherwise put the membrane?

Is rubber designed for pitched installation?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back