Flat roofing round roof outlets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Needing help guys, i m a roofer that mainly does pitched roofing, done a bit flat roofing but only when needs must and has always been straight forward roofs i.e with no outlets. My mate wants me to felt round 3 outlets for him and to be honest i m not that sure how it's done. Think he's doing the felting and i ve to do round the outlets, any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
What size are the outlet pipes?

Where we have had to say vent a fan through a flatty, we would cut a 120mm hole in the deck, pass a piece of 110mm plastic pipe through, fix this with straps etc so that it sticks through the roof and the ceiling below by 'x' length, because it will be trimmed later.

We would then pass either a regular lead slate or a multi-slate (both flat pitch) over the pipe sticking above the deck and dress it flat onto the deck. The roofer can then felt over the lead slate.

We then fit a 'brolly' over the pipe, either a mushroom vent cowl or a pipe skirt.

Sorry for the delay couldn't get online for a few days. Thanks noseall, there's not that much you don't know the names pretty apt :). I m not even sure what size the outlet pipes are, would i just cut a square in the felt the size of the lead slate and put it over it??, then try burning it on. Or is there a better way to burn the felt on round the lead slate??

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back