Flex for lawn mower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My better half keeps cutting through the flex on the lawn mower. :eek: She says it's too soft and no good. Is there something tougher I could replace it with??? PS I know I should do it myself but I'm allergic to cutting grass (Honest!). PPS Yes I do make sure she uses a circuit breaker!

Sponsored Links
I think the problem lies with it not being advisable to run over any electric cable with a lawn mower, is it a problem seeing it in the grass? Lawn mower cables are normally a contrasting colour such as bright orange for this reason. If this is still a problem you may be better going for a petrol mower ;)

gbbuggydriver said:
My better half keeps cutting through the flex on the lawn mower. :eek: She says it's too soft and no good. Is there something tougher I could replace it with???

Yes there is: - Garden shears!
but seriously she has to be more careful in laying out the flex on the ground before starting to cut.

Spark123 said:
I think the problem lies with it not being advisable to run over any electric cable with a lawn mower, is it a problem seeing it in the grass? Lawn mower cables are normally a contrasting colour such as bright orange for this reason. If this is still a problem you may be better going for a petrol mower ;)

Or getting yourself a more observant and careful wife.

Sponsored Links
if your wife is often cutting the cable point out that she is not being observant enough, and the dangers she is in / causing.

I also hope you have not got a tortoise

also you could suggest that she lays the cable over her shoulder on the same side the lawn mower switch is (so that it comes from behind her and just rests n her shoulder, the idea is it keep it out of the way)

totallyspies will be along any time now, suggesting an armadillo kit, or some SWA cable variant. :LOL:

The rest of us manage with normal flex. Dont get a petrol mower, I expect if your better half cant understand the principle of not running over live wires with sharp blades, all the knobs and switches on a petrol mower will have her completely stumped!:cool:

:LOL:

Of course, crafty!!

Let's use SWA. No way will a poxy flymo cut through that......Yeah!

'totallyspies will be along any time now, suggesting an armadillo kit, or some SWA cable variant'

:LOL:

I was waiting for somebody to make a joke about that!

dingbat said:
crafty1289 said:
totallyspies will be along any time now...

Oh cwap, is he still here? :rolleyes:
i think he disappeared after he realised nobody liked him for constantly arguing about the finer points of Part P. 100 odd posts in . . . and he's gone.

Maybe the mods banned him for encroaching on other threads, almost advertising armadillo sets to the poor unfortunate OPs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back