Flexible pipe on Gas Meter - Gas Cert fail?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could anyone confirm whether having a flexible metal pipe on the gas meter is a fail for a landlords gas certificate?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Oh right

I've had a cowboy plumber round to do a landlords gas cert he said he couldn't issue in as
1) it needed new expansion vessel and PRV. when it didn't it just needed some fittings nipping up and the system repressurising
2) the gas meter had a flexible pipe and needed replacing

He's obviously lied about number one so I was also suspicious about whether the pipe needed doing also?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Flexible pipe is not allowed and the meter fixing is national grid's responsibility.

Embarrassingly remember is the pipe thing is just "not to current standards" or "at risk".

As I recall the flex is fine ( and normal ) on the inlet.

Its no longer seen as correct on the outlet but can remain if the meter is fixed with a bracket ( or probably be standing on the floor or shelf ) and is classed as NCS.

Any pipework after the meter is the home owner's responsibility.

Tony

seems to be slightly conflicting opinions :confused:

the meter is on the floor in a cupboard off the lounge but it's not secured to the wall. The flexi is on the household side not the incoming to the meter side

OP
Number 1 on your list is not even a gas issue, and have you have rightly stated, it is a GAS safety record.

The flexi can remain on the meter outlet.

But its classed as NCS.

I would charge about £48 to connect with rigid pipe to copper whilst there to do something else.

Tony

apologies i dont know what NCS is?

He had quoted £40 +vat to do it along with replacing the expansion vessel and PRV which was unnecessary, but he said he couldn't issue me with a certificate unless all these items were done, in doing so trying to charge me about £250 for unecessary work in order to get a certificate

apologies i dont know what NCS is?

He had quoted £40 +vat to do it along with replacing the expansion vessel and PRV which was unnecessary, but he said he couldn't issue me with a certificate unless all these items were done, in doing so trying to charge me about £250 for unecessary work in order to get a certificate

£40 plus VAT comes to the same £48 !

But it does not HAVE to be done although its his perogative to issue the Cert or not!

NCS stands for Not to Current Standards !

Tony

And going back to the Boiler a failed Expansion Vessel & PRV have got nothing at all to do with a Landlords GAS safety Certificate! :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: CBF
trac pipe is flexible and perfectly legal...

by flex pipe are people talking about the anaconda?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back