flickering Led spot lights.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a total of 18 led spot lights installed. 9 in one room. 4 in the other and 5 in the other. all on dimmer switches. the lights are dimmerable and all are 5w each. all are on the same circuit. it's just a faint flicker. but still noticeable.
I'm just wondering what are my options of getting this resolved.
1, would they flicker if i changed it to a normal on/off switch?
2, buy a better brand led's such as philips or aurora? ( the one's i bought were off ebay, which are not branded)
3, Change the dimmer switch, to perhaps a varilight dimmer switch? I have read somewhere that they have a minimum load of just 10w?

cheers
Andy

Sponsored Links
please note, I had previously installed 6 in my room but of aurora brand and on the same model dimmer switch and they give me no problems at all.
they are at 4w each.

Sponsored Links
Enough said. What's the "max"? maximum flicker :LOL: Philips ! or Bell lamps, never had an issue with them(y)

DS

Enlite get my vote. A subsidiary of Aurora and they're the best lamps I've seen. About £6 even in the likes of Toolstation

i thought So too, I mean I have the same brand dimmer switch in my room and aurora and it gives me no problems. So my solutions are as
Either change to a normal standard light switch, keep same lights.
Or buy branded lamps and keep the dimmer ?

Enlite get my vote. A subsidiary of Aurora and they're the best lamps I've seen. About £6 even in the likes of Toolstation
Never used them. I'll give them a shot on your recommendation :)
I certainly would recommend Aurora dimmers, I've had domestic ones fitted on commercial jobs which are going strong after 7 years.

Regards,

DS

So does everybody think it's the lamps rather than the dimmer ?

If your dimmers are aurora then yes, bound to be the lamps. Check what dimmer modules are on the dimmers before you spend loads of money though, they might not be any good for LEDs no matter how good the brand

Try it with an ordinary switch then decide if it's worth buying new bulbs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back