Flood damage kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have seen a flood damaged kitchen for sale.

It is a wooden doored kitchen and there is staining lower down the fronts (not all).

It is a good price and i was wondering could the door be sanded and then oiled with linseed oil. Would this take away the staining ?

Sponsored Links
Was the flood water clean water or was it contaminated with sewage ? If not clean water can you ensure there are no boi-hazards soaked into the wood ?

If the staining is dark, it'll be very difficult to shift - although it could be possible to darken everything down a bit.
More importantly, if the doors have warped, you'll never get them back.
John :)

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't take a flood damaged kitchen for free (and I'm cheap - I reuse pallet wood for joinery where it won't be seen).

Have you been watching 'The Salvager' on Discovery? ;)

I watched it a few years ago. I liked the one where he was waving a chainsaw a foot above his unprotected head, to trim the rafters of a greenhouse he'd built.

His PPE always got me laughing...especially that high-tech neckerchief...I mean dust mask! I'm surprised the producers allowed it these days!! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back