Floor has sunk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello to all,

I want to buy a house, but the floor has sunk in a couple of rooms. As much as 2" in one location. Haven't put in an offer as of yet. I will get a proper survey done, but wanted to know if it's best to look elsewhere.

There are no cracks outside of the house, or any other major signs of movement apart from a few minor plaster cracks.
Can floors sink without it being an issue? Can this be just screeded over level?

Any ideas what could have happened?
Much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Sounds like inapropriate infill used and not rammed properly...There`s dozens of houses like it in the town where I live..mine included( but I`m changing it all anyway..being in the trade) . Allow for dig out andreplace including insulation to new building regs spec.....knock off the price of the work from the asking price. Sellers KNOW it makes sense. Check out land registry and council for Flooding/ subsidence etc....better safe than sorry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back