floor level below garden level (moved from forum information)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How can I build a 4.5 x 3m timber studio on ground sloping 300mm, with an entrance at lower end flush with interior floor? The back end interior floor level would be 300mm below ground level. The main reason is aesthetic and to keep the roof line below the planning radar.

I am not a builder but have some ideas how to do it and would much appreciate feedback from someone who knows the answer! I imagined as follows, ref, the attached drawing:

1. a concrete pad and low brick or block work side walls rising about 100-150mm above the highest ground point.
2. this base to be lined with a DPC which would run right over the top of the side walls with a surplus.
3. The timber frame studio walls sitting on that with surplus DPC tucked up and under the cladding.
4. The front end to be timber frame down to the ground to accommodate a door way.
1-20160826_140727.jpg

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back