Flow and Return reversed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have a 10yr old Worchester Bosch boiler which has been generally very reliable. A week ago it stopped working. Would fire, mess around for a bit and then eventually the fault light would flash. A friend's dad (who is a plumber) came out and replaced the control board and everything seemed fine however it seems that the flow and return to the rads has reversed.

I am 99% sure that the flow side of the rads (with the TRVs) used to heat up first. Since the issue we had, the return side seems to heat up first.

Is this actually possible? I don't want to call him back, waste his time and look an idiot if not.

Many Thanks

Simon

Sponsored Links
Is it possible that the pump would have been polarised and so is working in reverse?

Clutching at straws, I know!!

Sponsored Links
OK Great, thanks for the replies. I must have been mistaken regarding the flow directions on the rads.

Is it possible he opened something that was closed and you now get a reversed circulation.

Maybe a radiator turned on that wasn't previously, also check does any of the radiators now get hot in the hot water only mode

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back