flow rate for combi's

JPC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
greetings...

whats the minimum flow and pressure required from the mains to run a combi to be used in a 7 rad 1 shower and 1 large bath bungalow.

My mate (the corgi puppy) tells me as long as you are getting about 2bar pressure (to fill the c/h side ?) and what ever the boiler specifies as a dhw flow rate....so say min 10 l/m ?

is that correct ? (although i know it will perform badly filling bath etc)

NB - i have tried to tell the cutomer to stick with their vented system and just get a new boiler and updated controls etc but they want the space taken up by the hwc.
thx

jamie

Sponsored Links
As I guess if you have a 24Kw combi they are looking for about 11 lpm

I would say that the supply is inadequate for a combi and they will hate it if one goes in

yes i estimated a 80000 btu, so is the mains got to be at least 11 l/m then ?, to be able to deliver 11 l/m of hot water

what about the pressure..whats the minimum on the mains to be able to operate a combi (i assume at least 1.5 to fill the ch)

Sponsored Links
could be wrong but dont think there is a minimum.#

still say the delivery of the mains at your job is too low and a combi would be out of the question

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back