flue for boiler

Sponsored Links
Gas appliances and particularly flues can only be legally fitted by Gas Safe registered people.

Are you planning illegal activities?

Sponsored Links
So what are you planning to do with this second hand boiler?

Tony

You can't just use any flue, it must be the one that was designed to fit the ActivA, which is now an obsolete model. If you can't get a flue for the ActivA, you can't fit the boiler

Manufacturers usually discontinue the flue almost immediately the boiler is withdrawn because it is not a service item. Better hope it fits another current model.

Simple dont waste your money biasi are sh#te brand new let alone fitting a second hand one

Many Biasi boilers are actually quite good. Not really that model though! The M110 and the M269 are both very good.

But because of their cheaper selling price they are usually fitted cheaply without cleaning the system. When they fail the boiler gets the blame when its the installer's lack of cleaning to blame but at £150 no body is going to be doing any cleaning. Even at £350 most don't either!

I charge £840 to fit a new boiler. Regardless of make as there is the same amount of work involved.

I will also fit second hand boilers if they are in good condition. Can you guess how much I charge for that?

Tony

No Dean, it actually £840 because there is the same work to fit a used boiler ( properly ) as with a brand new boiler!

No Dean, it actually £840 because there is the same work to fit a used boiler ( properly ) as with a brand new boiler!

That's very expensive. I would be half the cost of that and being an installer I would be fitting it correctly.

That's the problem with repair engineers installing in there twilight years, they expect people to pay for them to sup tea whilst they read the manual, or downtime whilst they wait to be told how to do it on a forum.

:mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back