flue in void

flues in voids are not at risk until 31 dec 2012, then if no inspection hatches are fitted by that date you can switch the appliance off and label, at the moment they are suggesting co detectors and other safety checks ? whatever they might be.

Once again, TB008 ONLY applies to RS FF.

OFIB's, can you please give us a pointer to the reference, or section in the UP, regarding your statements?

Sponsored Links
Oops, just realised this is still in P&CH. This is getting to the point where it really should be in the CC (as pointed out earlier)

Yep time for the CC with all the other embarassing stuff the public dont get to see .

Sponsored Links
Oops, just realised this is still in P&CH. This is getting to the point where it really should be in the CC (as pointed out earlier)

I don't agree. The issue of flues in voids should very much be discussed in public and brought to the attention of the public. There's nothing here that joe bloggs can't get from hse or find from the net themselves. Obviously if a few select rgi's wanna embarass themselves by not knowing the regs thats their problem, I couldn't care less.

incorrect. you need to inspect a flue through out its length inc terminal its as simple as that. ;)

So with what you're saying a warm air unit with it's flue running through two floors exiting through roof level would be classed as AR due to length of flue being encased? :rolleyes:

maybe, maybe not but its true.

I would not put my name to a landlord etc for an open flued boiler using single or twinwall flue pipe that i cant inspect the flue sorry but i dont want to kill anyone any time soon due to not being arsed.

So what are we saying here regs or what is right for us and the customer??

so mick you a quite happy with the regs as they stand ? if so why?

You obviously need to go back to class & ask what the differences are between an open flued appliance & a RS fan flued appliance.

so mick you a quite happy with the regs as they stand ? if so why?

I don't make up my own regs, I abide by those laid down in the relevant BS. I also know how to correctly test an open flue system for correct operation and spillage to BS. You can't just go around AR everything because your not 100% sure its perfect. You use engineering judgement in these situations. At least you've admitted its not regulation, just something you made up. You should also be aware that turning off an appliance that is working safely and satisfies regulations, can and has landed people in court for leaving people without heating and hot water without good reason.

here's a question for you.
Tomorrow you visit a condensing boiler with a boxed in flue. There is no sign of distress or staining, the fall would appear to be correct and flue where you can see it has been joined and supported correctly.
AR or NCS?

i better not bring fanned open flued into the topic :LOL: That will really confuse the Haddy choker

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back