flue in void

AR. FACT

I see where your coming from ie fan flue will mix fumes with fresh air causing vitiation. but do you not see where am coming from an open flue appliance can burn incomplete an if you sign it off an the flue is cracked in a void an it kills a baby in his cot...

its goodnite isnt it?

Sponsored Links
but do you not see where am coming from an open flue appliance can burn incomplete an if you sign it off an the flue is cracked in a void an it kills a baby in his cot...

if the fumes can enter a room so can the smoke from your smoke test. I would also hope your inspection/service would pick up incomplete combustion.
Any boiler can become dangerous at any time for any number of reasons, that doesnt make them all AR.

Hope you can sleep tonight. keep tellling yourself that. its at risk if you can not inspect a fan flued appliance throughout its length

if what your saying is correct worcester etc will let you fit a flue extension joint in the wall (i think not) ;)

Sponsored Links
i better not bring fanned open flued into the topic :LOL: That will really confuse the Haddy choker

This is why i mentioned 'RS fan flued' , i doubt very much onlyfiddlewithboilers would know much about fanned open flued appliances. :rolleyes:

but do you not see where am coming from an open flue appliance can burn incomplete an if you sign it off an the flue is cracked in a void an it kills a baby in his cot...

if the fumes can enter a room so can the smoke from your smoke test. I would also hope your inspection/service would pick up incomplete combustion.
Any boiler can become dangerous at any time for any number of reasons, that doesnt make them all AR.

how you gona see smoke if its boxed in??

Just hope you don't hold DAH1 , 8 out of 10 will have the flue encased & out of site , suppose all these would be AR & appliance issolated?

its at risk if you can not inspect a fan flued appliance throughout its length

er no, read the frigging tech bulletin. ffs. Are you on a wind up or are you really that stupid?

Point me to it i work for a Major player in this industry which has bang up to date technical. not some one man band working out of some crapy white van scratching for work

er no, read the frigging tech bulletin. ffs. Are you on a wind up or are you really that stupid?

Point me to it i work for a Major player in this industry which has bang up to date technical. not some one man band working out of some crapy white van scratching for work

shame they dont give it to you ! :LOL:

and btw, i dont have a white van, nor do "scratch around for work" :rolleyes:

The original industry technical guidance (aimed at registered gas engineers) advised that where the flue to the boiler was concealed within a void and could not be visually inspected it should be assessed as "not to current standards" (NCS) in accordance with the Gas Industry Unsafe Situations Procedure (GIUSP - see Reference section for explanation). This was dependent on there being no other risks being present which may have made the boiler unsafe.

Revised guidance takes effect on 1st January 2011. This is the result of the industry working group who undertook a review of the original guidance and concluded that the potential risk from such systems, should it not be possible to inspect the flue, requires an alternative approach to ensure that the necessary remedial action is taken.

Action required:
The revised technical guidance requires inspection hatches to be fitted in properties where the flue is concealed within voids and cannot be inspected. The homeowner (or landlord etc.) has until 31st December 2012 to arrange for inspection hatches to be installed. Any gas engineer working on affected systems after 1st January 2013 will advise the homeowner that the system is "at risk" (AR) in accordance with the GIUSP and, with the owner's permission will turn off the gas supply to the boiler so it cannot be used.

In the interim period, where no inspection hatches are fitted, the registered gas engineers will carry out a simple risk assessment which should ensure that the risk from exposure to CO is managed in the short-term. This risk assessment includes:

looking for signs of leakage along the flue route; and
carrying out a flue combustion analysis check (and obtaining a satisfactory result); and
checking for the presence of suitable audible carbon monoxide (CO) alarms (and installing such alarms where they are not already fitted).
As long as this boiler passes the series of safety checks and the risk assessment does not identify any concerns about its safety, it can be left on. Suitable inspection hatches will however need to be fitted to the ceiling (or wall, as appropriate) by end 31st December 2012. Wherever possible it is recommended that inspection hatches are fitted before this date.

shame they dont give it to you ! :LOL:

and btw, i dont have a white van, nor do "scratch around for work" :rolleyes:

Thats why you on ear all the while! ha 1nil

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back