flue in void

thats why the company i work for gave me that. oh thats right so where bang upto date on all the new regs, that is where you rgis let yourselfs down you just dont keep upto date ;)

Sponsored Links
The original industry technical guidance (aimed at registered gas engineers) advised that where the flue to the boiler was concealed within a void and could not be visually inspected it should be assessed as "not to current standards" (NCS) in accordance with the Gas Industry Unsafe Situations Procedure (GIUSP - see Reference section for explanation). This was dependent on there being no other risks being present which may have made the boiler unsafe.

Revised guidance takes effect on 1st January 2011. This is the result of the industry working group who undertook a review of the original guidance and concluded that the potential risk from such systems, should it not be possible to inspect the flue, requires an alternative approach to ensure that the necessary remedial action is taken.

Action required:
The revised technical guidance requires inspection hatches to be fitted in properties where the flue is concealed within voids and cannot be inspected. The homeowner (or landlord etc.) has until 31st December 2012 to arrange for inspection hatches to be installed. Any gas engineer working on affected systems after 1st January 2013 will advise the homeowner that the system is "at risk" (AR) in accordance with the GIUSP and, with the owner's permission will turn off the gas supply to the boiler so it cannot be used.
In the interim period, where no inspection hatches are fitted, the registered gas engineers will carry out a simple risk assessment which should ensure that the risk from exposure to CO is managed in the short-term. This risk assessment includes:

looking for signs of leakage along the flue route; and
carrying out a flue combustion analysis check (and obtaining a satisfactory result); and
checking for the presence of suitable audible carbon monoxide (CO) alarms (and installing such alarms where they are not already fitted).
As long as this boiler passes the series of safety checks and the risk assessment does not identify any concerns about its safety, it can be left on. Suitable inspection hatches will however need to be fitted to the ceiling (or wall, as appropriate) by end 31st December 2012. Wherever possible it is recommended that inspection hatches are fitted before this date.

Read it. it says in black an white at risk.

Sponsored Links
has until 31st December 2012 to arrange for inspection hatches to be installed. Any gas engineer working on affected systems after 1st January 2013 will advise the homeowner that the system is "at risk" (AR) in accordance with the GIUSP and, with the owner's permission will turn off the gas supply to the boiler so it cannot be used.

80% of the commercial properties I go to have flue's in voids and have been like that for 30 years with no problems, we've got an other 18months to make improvements
:)

Onlyfitidealboilers.......you are an utter tool!

It is NCS until 2013.

who the hell gave you a computer......surely you must still struggle to wipe your arse!

no no pic just saying i said flues in voids was at risk sorry i was a little advanced on the others, never mind they learn somthing new every day.

I new it used to be ntcs but iv known for 6months its changing, I was told it an just thought it was in right now better than not knowing like these wollys :rolleyes:

I new it used to be ntcs but iv known for 6months its changing, I was told it an just thought it was in right now better than not knowing like these wollys :rolleyes:

Please use correct punctuation when posting. :rolleyes:

So we are all 'woolys'? , take a look dude & you'll find it is you who is the 'WOOLY'...are you even gas safe registered? . i doubt it.

Having to revert to name calling really doesn't help you here , seen this plenty of times regards other memberes on here who spit the dummy when they are wrong. ;)

no i said wollys w o l l y s.

Yes of course 15years well qualified Ex bg Boiler manufactures

Going off your posts gasafeman id lose you 80% of you on here only work for your self cause you carn't get a job.

gasafengineer";p="2022230 said:

Please use correct punctuation when posting. :rolleyes:

So we are all 'woolys'? , take a look dude & you'll find it is you who is the 'WOOLY'...are you even gas safe registered? . i doubt it.

Having to revert to name calling really doesn't help you here , seen this plenty of times regards other memberes on here who spit the dummy when they are wrong. ;)[/quote] i am not wrong pal. as you can see above that it will soon be at risk this is something prior to myself an pic telling you lot that the regs are changing :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back