Flue Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

My property was built in 1965.

I believe that the current warm arm heating system unit was installed in 1988.

My question is whether the flue pictured below would be the original one from 1965 or would it have been installed when the new system went in? Do these items always get replaced when a new unit goes in? It is made by a firm called Rite-Vent.

Also what is the material around the flue, is there any chance it could contain any nasty materials such as asbestos? Would asbestos ever have been used in such an application as I know they used to insulate pipes with such a material? I am wary as the grey material panel above probably is asbestos.

Cheers,

Rob

View media item 52460

Sponsored Links
you dont need to concern yourself with the flue or the sealing compond neither contain asbestos the other square mat thing may or may not be asbestos only detailed investigation would confirm this but as long as you dont disturb it there is no danger, asbestos is not dangerous if not disturbed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back