Flue restrictor and venturis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can some please explain why my mate has removed a flue restrictor now the boiler fires up fine before he removed it the boiler would not fire...also why does the pressure switch have negative and positive venturis i thought it only makes when the fan blows(positive)......also how do venturis work does the air travel through the venturi and increase its speed to make the aps??thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Your mate needs to get a Gas Safe registered and experienced person to restore the boiler to its correct installation. Then the fault that prevented the boiler firing can be found and repaired

Altering the flue affects the combustion process, the boiler was not firing up before due to a safety device detecting an un-safe situation. Altering the flue has not removed that unsafe situation but has prevented the safety device from doing its job.

Venturis, when the velocity of a fluid ( liquid or gas ) in a pipe increases then it's pressure against the wall of the pipe decreases.

Sponsored Links
Your mate needs to get a Gas Safe registered and experienced person to restore the boiler to its correct installation. Then the fault that prevented the boiler firing can be found and repaired
Where's the Mods?? Or is bernardgreen left to his own devises again, helping the DaftyDIYers do Gas work?

Please explain how advising the OP's mate to employ a Gas Safe registered person to repair the boiler is helping a DIYer to do gas work.

my mate is gas safe reg,he has not removed it for good it was only for testing,all i wanna know is why does it fire without it but not with it what is the flue restrictor for

Surprised your mate, who's a GSR, hasn't told you then?? We're not allowed to discuss matters that may enable or arm non gas safe registered persons with information that may allow DIY gas work. Unfortunately your question lands within that territory.

Last edited:
Two abusive pulled posts today, Dickie, nice going!

Two abusive pulled posts today, Dickie, nice going!

Well, to retain my crown as the most infamous Plumber on the forum, if not the world, it does take its toll!!
However I still retain the common touch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back