flueless gas fires

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you use your chimney to vent the fire like you would a standard gas fire with surround as i am thinking of replacing my old fire surround with a insirt flueless, or am i better off fitting a new lime stone surround and new gas fire ???

Sponsored Links
Flueless gas fires dont need a chimney. Thay can go on any internal wall as the have a catalytic converter to get rid of the fumes.

no you can not use chimney to vent fluess gas fire
it has to be at least 1 meter away vent has to be 100cm squared minimum
the heat out put is minimal so not sure if it can compensate for such a big vent
and you have to get co detector as kev gas pointed out they can kill

Sponsored Links
Dont even bother getting a flueless gas fire, its one of the only appliances BG wont touch and with good reason. If u want it to be pretty get an electric one

As said , they MUST BE VENTED DIRECT TO THE OUTSIDE!

In my honest opinion i wouldnt get one.....death traps.....it just needs the catalytic convertor to fail and you've had it!! :!:

As i understand it there has only been 1 recorded ( note the term recorded ) case of a fatality with a flueless gas fire in the U.K , over a 1000 (recorded) fatalities with flued appliances , just making a point , dont want to get beat up .

Flued appliances have been around for 50odd years. Flueless gas fires havent been around 10. There are also alot more flued aplliances than flueless.

Catalytic converters fail in cars, whats to stop them failling in a fire? When will you know its failled? Probably when someone has to break into your house and drags you out in a bodybag.

as the catalysts dont last forever, and there not a very old appliance.we will see in ten years time.what the death rate will be, off these useless pieces of junk.p.s i dont lik em

The failing mostly lies with the customers!

The manufacturers always tell you to get the fire serviced every year!

That will include measuring the monoxide released into the room if its done properly.

Customers prefer to save their wallet than their safety.

Tony

yes tony that maybe, but they also come out of the box defective as the unfortunate lady in Cwmbran found out when she came home to a DEAD Daughter and dog.

:) Again as I understand it there are in excess of 15 ,000,000, flueless gas fires in the U.S.A & no recorded fatalities ( note the term recorded )

As I understand it there are 40 deaths a year from people drowning in the bath .

Kevindgas thats the death I am refering to , it was subject to a given set of circumstances which resulted in a reg change . I fitted 3 of these fires , Mr Burley said it was as safe , no one told me about B.G not fitting them , I need someone to tell me they are going to be alright , any one , say something positive Please !!

Kevindgas thats the death I am refering to , it was subject to a given set of circumstances which resulted in a reg change . I fitted 3 of these fires , Mr Burley said it was as safe , no one told me about B.G not fitting them , I need someone to tell me they are going to be alright , any one , say something positive Please !!

BG wont even service them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back