Flushing A Single Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had a new Combi Boiler fitted professionally and the system flushed according to the manufacturers instructions. The fitter also put in some new pipework for a new Radiator I had not yet purchased. Weeks later I fitted the new Radiator, a Vertirad. After a short period of use, the Radiator developed a pinhole leak. B&Q who supplied the Radiator were reluctant to exchange it as they said it had not been flushed (but eventually they did). I don't recall seeing that requirement in the fitting instructions, but if I must, can I flush the single radiator instead of the hassle (and cost) of flushing the whole system again? And if so...How?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Sponsored Links
you can always flush it out with a hose in the garden before you install it

maybe ive read this wrong.

the system was flushed for the new boiler and pipework added for an extra rad. the new rad subsequently failed?

is the water in the system still dirty? there should be no real reason for clean and inhibited water to kill a rad that quick.

the new rad doesnt need flushing on its own to add to the system. but if the system water is still dirty then you should get it flushed again. bear in mind flushing wont get rid of everything.

Sponsored Links
They only supply seconds don't they? (allegedly!).

I have to agree with nickso's answer though ;)

I wonder how much rubbish (oil, grease, iron filings, dog ends, mars bar wrappers etc) the manufacturers leave inside radiators that end up bunging up the rest of your system when you fit a new rad?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back