Folding doors in archway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a victorian house where the front two rooms have been knocked together with an archway between them. I now want to split the two rooms with folding doors so that we can either use them as separate rooms or keep it as one big space. I've attached a photo of the archway and would be really grateful for any thoughts people may have on how best to achieve this. I'd love glazed bifold doors that fold back on either side to leave the whole space open but could also be closed. The problem is the shape of the archway and exactly how you achieve that (particularly given it's about 2.7m wide x 2.3m high). Any ideas on how I could do this would be great! Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_0163.JPG
    IMG_0163.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 262
Sponsored Links
Glazed infill panel across the top then you can fit conventional doors to remaining opening which will be square.

Thanks for your reply. That's what I was thinking but don't know how you'd get doors to open- presumably a track of some kind? thanks

Sponsored Links
Depending what the wall is made of, you could go for a pocket door system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back