footing calculations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
alright,

i have dug footings for a single block shed.the length is 56 feet,depth 16 inches,width of footing 12 inches.

i dont know how to calculate how much materials i will need,or if the job be to large and have concrete delivered.

any help be appreciated.

cheers.

Sponsored Links
You will need 3.12 m3 of readymix concrete.

Or you could mix it yourself. 6 tonne ballast 1 tonne cement.

Length x width x depth!

But remember that the trench is unlikely to be completely filled with concrete, nor the ground level to be completely level

cheers for the replies

i need to check my measurements again 6 tonne of ballast and 1 tonne of concrete dont add up considering the amount of material i have dug out.i have been saving a lot of the soil from the dig,for use in some raised beds i am making,i have already filled 1 tonne bag with soil, and by my estimation be enough to fill another 2 tonne bags.

i know noseall you worked it out to what the measurements i gave, if it does work out to be around the 6 tonne mark,gonna be back breaking that.think i be better off having it delivered and get some mates on the barrows.

i was originaly thinking of pouring in sections,but not sure how the joins would hold out intergrity wise,also was thinking of using rebar to stengthen the footing at the joins,but not quite sure how to do that what with having to use shuttering if doing in sections.

Sponsored Links
Excavated soil will bulk by at least one-third - that's why you seem to have removed more soil than what will be going back in

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back