Ford Fiesta Idle valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a ford fiesta endura e 1299cc fiesta lx 1997

I am having an idleing problem where the car cuts out because it does not catch its idle correctly (drops too low). I would like to clean the idle valve but I'm unsure on how to do this, is it just a case od using carb cleaner?
Also when removing the unit is there a gasket i need to replace?
Can somebody also confirm the idle valve is on the front of the inlet manifold?

Any tips will also be appreciated.

Thanks Shab

Sponsored Links
hello

I cleaned the idle valve but still having the cutting out problem. When you rev the car and then let go it will go so low that it cuts out

can anyone help?

Shab

If you take off the intake tubing,unhook the accelerator cable then remove the four torx head bolts that hold the throttle sensor and flap housing, clean the flap and the inlet to the intake manifold with carb cleaner, the center plastic ring in the inlet should move and be free of oil etc.be careful not to damage the rubber gasket for the housing.

;)

Sponsored Links
Johnny, not sure what you want me to do

shall i take off the whole inlet area and clean it, if this is the case is there a gasket i need to replace or is it like the idle valve?

Yes ! Take it off as I described previously and yes there is a rubber ring type gasket,if you are careful you can reuse it.I did a Fiesta endura -e a few weeks ago and it has run o.k. since,just needed the crap cleaning from the intake duct and flap valve.

;)

Hello Johnny

I have cleaned the throttle body as you requested and still I have the problem of stalling if the car is revved hard.
So far the idle valve and throttle body has been cleaned along with checking the breathers.

If the cars only revved slightly then its fine, its revved slightly harder it fails to catch its idle speed and stalls.

Any ideas mate?

Thanks for help so far

:D

Did you make sure the plastic ring in the intake was free ?That is the more common fault.If it is clean and free to move then it could be a number of things so you will need a fault code reader check,it will be the cheapest option in the long run

;) .

Hello Jhonny

The car is running alot better now, Hasnt cut out so far. I think its cured. The ring was clear and free but cleaning the throttle body really helped.

Thanks for your help

Shab

Sponsored Links
Back