ford fiesta V reg 1.3l leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a leak on the ford fiesta v reg, coming from the right side of the engine, A little circle hole, some rust in there pics are below, Had the thermostat removed not so long ago.
12782316_10205358746600125_944910961_n.jpg

Sponsored Links
I'm afraid your photo isn't detailed enough, but this Fiesta does leak from the water pump drain hole......and since Ford started using plastic thermostat housings, they leak just by looking at them :eek:
John :)

John (Burnerman),Looking at the OP's photo it looks like a core plug to me. What do you think?

Sponsored Links
Just looking at this on a larger screen, and you could well be right - nice one!
It certainly looks like the cast iron block, behind that hose!

Could you advise me on,a step by step way to repair found the partd on ebay for £5

If it is a core plug you wish to replace, then drain the coolant first and then remove everything near the problem area.
To remove the old plug, punch a hole through the centre and lever it out with a screwdriver.
To refit, thoroughly clean the core hole and dry it.....apply some sealant to the hole lip and new plug and carefully tap it home.
If the plug has a slight dome, flattening the dome with a broad punch expands the plug tightly in place.
You need to be able to access the core hole square on so as not to distort the new plug.

Yes, they are core plugs, right enough. As for sealant, Wellseal is great for high temperatures.
Its the modern day equivalent to Hermetite Green (who remembers that!)

Cheers for the advice done the job just gotto hope it holds up, Halfords wanted £60 an hour to it!!

Halfords :eek: Lucky escape mate......
The pressure inside isn't great at around 13 psi so all should be well. Don't forget the antifreeze - it could be why the thing rusted out in the first place, and the other plugs may be affected to do keep an eye on them.
Well done!

Just took it out its all good no leaks, Other problem im having is the rear wiper is sticking :( unsure if its the wiper or motor, It goes a few times then stop but you can here the motor working

A huge problem with these is the spindle that passes through the tailgate, connecting the wiper arm to the motor......it gets stuck and stiff with salt and road crap.
However, the fact that the motor is still turning could point to the gearing inside the motor being worn or stripped.
Its a breakers yard replacement for this one!

Sponsored Links
Back