ford focus 1.8 tdci 55 plate not starting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my ford focus 1.8 tdci 55 plate 75k will not start, it turns but will not fire :confused:
it was a week ago i was driving along luckily on a side road and it just cut out on me, no warning, i tried several times to start but with no luck,so i phoned AA out and he was with me for well over an hour,he put it on his diagnostics machine and told me that it is a fuel pressure problem as it was showing no fuel pressure whatsoever on hes diagnostics machine he told me that it could be 1 of a few components that as caused this not starting,so had it towed to my local garage,it has now been with them for a week and up to today they have still not managed to get it started,i really need my car as probably most of us do,i would really appreciate any information from you guys as to what the cause maybe,thanks.
oh and i did have a service only bout 6 week ago.

Sponsored Links
thanks snico for your suggestion i havent tried that,and thanks ch427 the garage have been in touch today and ive been told that it is the fuel pump as you suggested ch427,so im getting the pump tomorrow fingers crossed this will sort it,il let you know, and thanks.

Sponsored Links
hi,im following this post up i have had a fuel pump fitted finally after 2 weeks of waiting,i picked the car up this afternoon and it started fine i brought it home which is only 5 miles away from the garage ,parked outside my home,40 minutes later i needed to go out so i got in my car and hey guess what, it would not start :cry: it turns over but will not fire,exactly the same as before,any help would be really appreciated,thanks.

Back