Ford focus mk2 Bonnet catch problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, i recently purchased a Focus mk2 2L TDCi Ghia on an 05 plate and i have to admit that its a really nice car to drive and to be in. My problem however started when i locked my effing key in the boot. I got the auto locksmith to come and pick the lock for me which he eventually did (there was/is no spare key), and as the lock released and i opened the door, the alarm went off.

Now, as i found the key in the boot and deactivated the alarm using the said key... everything was operational and it was a joyous moment as i could also get back into my house. Everything is absolutely fine apart from one thing... the bonnet catch. This was operating perfectly before and i only realise the issue now as i need to fill up with wiper fluid.

So, the question is.... If the alarm is activated, does that affect the bonnet catch in any way as part of the anti-theft device.... and if so, is there something i can do about it??

Going down the motorway at 70mph whilst trying to empty a bottle of evian onto the windscreen to clean it, is now becoming expensive and tiresome ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys. It was my mate who put that idea into my head and it did seem a little coincidental so thought I had best ask. Looks like a replacement kit will be ordered soon then. Need to get that fluid sorted... Which is weird considering 'that's what she said' ;)

Sponsored Links
I have a focus & that bonnet catch key thing is crap.
Its about the only thing I don't like about the car.
So saying that 'it is a great car'.

common problem,
go to the ford forum and look it up for a possible fix.

Been on the Ford forum and did all the pushing down and such like. It really is a stupidly conceived idea to have a key opening for it. Like Paul said, apart from that it's a great little car. Going to try to get some wd40 up in there tomorrow and try again. That km guys.

When you do get in, it's a reasonable idea to mark the position of the lock and then remove it for a thorough degreasing.......there will be years of road crap stuck in there.
Lube it well afterwards - the keys aren't actually noted for their wear resistance either!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Back