ford ka boot problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, ive got a s reg 1998 ford ka, and for quite some time now my boot doesnt seem to open, putting my key in is fine you can turn it but it wont open, its very annoying because i cant use it!! :( can anybody help me?? i have tried puttin some lubricant stuff in the locks that seems to have done no good. my passenger and drivers door was quite stiff due to the cold weather, but once i has used the lubricant stuff they are fine now. is there anything i can try or do to make it open?? ideally i dont want to be buying a new lock and paying some one to fit it. i have noticed you can buy them off ebay, but you get another key just for the boot, i only want one key for my car!!

my dad fitted some car seat covers to my car at the weekend however he needed the parcel shelf off, i took all my keyrings off so i was just left with the boot key, i was jiggling it about for quite some time and eventually it did open, i cant be doing that everytime i want to get in my boot. can some one please help??? :D :D :D
thank you

Sponsored Links
These keys are much softer than the locks, so its worth a trip to Mr.Ford with your key, or better still the key TX number. They can cut them for you, and also rebuild the lock barrels if you wish.
John :)

These keys are much softer than the locks, so its worth a trip to Mr.Ford with your key, or better still the key TX number. They can cut them for you, and also rebuild the lock barrels if you wish.

hi thanks for that, whats the TX number? so if i just take the key to a ford dealer as in ford garage they should be able to help me?? so i would have to have another key?? seperate for my boot! how would they do that.

thanx

When your car was new, there would have been a plastic tag with the keys - this would have a few digits on it, and it is called the TX number.
From that, other keys can be cut, but they can also cut new keys from your own.
You only need another key for the boot if they change the lock barrel...but as said they can build up barrels to suit the original.
Not particularly cheap though, but that bit is up to you!

Sponsored Links
When your car was new, there would have been a plastic tag with the keys - this would have a few digits on it, and it is called the TX number.
From that, other keys can be cut, but they can also cut new keys from your own.
You only need another key for the boot if they change the lock barrel...but as said they can build up barrels to suit the original.
Not particularly cheap though, but that bit is up to you!

my car wasnt new though, :D it was second hand bought privatley, so they could cut a new key from my own? and could that be used for my ignition and boot or would i still have 2 seperate keys? which i dont really want. i wouldnt know where my nearest ford dealer is :confused: :confused: :confused:

The answer is still yes...but find a Ford dealer in yellow pages, give the service department a ring and explain what you want.
They'll tell you there and then what they can do for you, and how much it is likely to cost.

The answer is still yes...but find a Ford dealer in yellow pages, give the service department a ring and explain what you want.
They'll tell you there and then what they can do for you, and how much it is likely to cost.

i will do that, thanks very much!! :LOL: just hope it doesnt cost a lot :(

Back