Ford KA water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have noticed a damp smell in my car over the last few weeks. Last week I noticed a 'puddle' behind the drivers seat.. I got rid of that water but the carpet is still soaked. Any ideas how I can get rid of it and where it came from???

Sponsored Links
All you can do is dry it out the best you can with towels etc, maybe borrow a wet and dry type vacuum cleaner.
The water may be coming in from a number of places, do you park the car so it sits at an angle? One way will be to get someone with a hosepipe to spray the car whilst someone is in it and see if they can see where the water is coming from - as it is local to behind the drivers seat I'd start with things like the drivers door and the windows - I have had the inner skin on my Mondeo perish before allowing water in when I parked it the correct way around on the street so the drivers door was higher.

Sometimes rainwater can get in through the heater air intake. Check the drains from the heater plenum aren't blocked.

Air con systems can condense a lot of water out of the atmosphere when they are running, particularly in the summer. Warm air holds more moisture than cold air.

If you have a sun roof, the drain pipes from the channels it runs in may be blocked.

One car I had used to let a lot of rainwater in through a poorly fitting door seal, and one had a large grommet missing from the footwell, so a jet of water thrown up by the wheels got into the car.

The car isn't damp around the door so I can't understand where its coming from. It has been parked on a slight slope which is why I think the puddle occurred. I dont use the heater very often so I dont think its coming from there :-s

Sponsored Links
you need to know where the water is coming in from and stop it, the best way is to hose the areas around where the water is laying, one person in the car to watch where it is ingressing, or just chuck a goldfish in it and have a very expensive bowl.

Back