ford mondeo mk ll estate hand break problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have problem with my hand break the pads are two thirds thick and the discs are in very good condition i had a new hand break cable fitted but it still wont hold minor slopes never mind hills can anybody help please many thanks drystone.

Sponsored Links
Its very important that the pads are removed for cleaning every 12 months at least on these, and the areas which contact the pads should also be as clean of rust and dirt as much as possible. Any contact areas should be lubricated with Coppaslip grease or similar.
With the brakes reassembled, use the foot pedal slowly to allow the pads to self adjust, and come into gentle contact with the disc.
At this point, the levers on the calipers need to be right back touching the stops before the handbrake cable is adjusted.
John :)

hi john thanks very much your info sounds very good i take what say in full confidence saying that my being not to well up with cars can you please tell where the handbrake adjuster is located many many thanks again drystone

There has been a few alterations on Mondeo handbrake set ups - some had an adjuster underneath, hidden behind an exhaust heat shield. Others were automatically adjusted by the handbrake lever itself.
As for yours, well its anyone's guess really but if you can't find any adjuster, assume its automatic.
Ford reported a few alterations via their trade service bulletin network so it may be worth a chat with them.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Back