Four connector hoses to mixer tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - just wondering if anyone can help me with a bit of a mystery. I've recently moved house and was looking under the sink to prepare plumbing in a dishwasher point when I noticed that I seem to have four connector hoses going to my mixer tap.
I've never seen anything like this before and can't find any references to it online. I've posted a photo here. Anyone have an idea what they are and why there are two more than usual...? (I can feel hot water coming in through the one on the far left, but the front metal one becomes warm soon afterward. Likewise there is definitely cold running through the far right hose and I can potentially feel the rear metal connector hose moving slightly when I turn the cold on and off. Could there be two hot and two cold? If so, why would that be? Any help very much appreciated...)

IMG_0447.jpg

Sponsored Links
H&C supplies in the braided hoses (left and right), mixed supply to spray head coming back down between them and the pull-out hose to the spray head at the back centre.

Thanks newboy - not only have you solved the mystery, but you've also helped me discover that I own a tap with a pull-out spray head. Nice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back