Franke stainless sink slimfix fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just wondering how you guys get on with this slimfix spring fitting on the Franke kitchen sinks!

The idea of not being able to have a dry run to make sure you have a nice fit (as the springs seem irreversible) doesn't appeal!! So you only have once chance to get it right, silicone the edges, push and hope for the best???

Are these fittings proving ok?

I see from the Franke fitting video, the guy uses a jig saw to cut the hole. Jig saw blades can wander vertically in 38mm of worktop, a router and template would be better with template fixed to the underneath?

any thoughts:)

Sponsored Links
No idea on "slimfix" but I'd always route from the top and use a jig rather than a template

Amazing product to fit, so simple. if you are using a router for a perfect cut then surely you dont need to dry fit. measure twice cut once..... I have been fitting sinks for years and have been fitting these slim fix ones since they came onto the market, I agree if you cut your hole wrong what happens, but then should you really be fitting sinks if you cant measure?

Sponsored Links
also meant to mention you can dry fit these without pushing them into place, once in place you do have the ability to slightly tweek the position.....again measure twice....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back