Free new boiler or stick with reliable 1980's one?

Free boilers are paid for by higher fuel bills and our tax.

Ask your neighbours if they're happy to pay an extra £200 quid a year so you can have a free boiler.

Robin bleeding hood all over again only this time they are robbing the working class for the fat cats.

Pardon me,but my neigbours have already had their free boilers,whyever should I feel guilty about considering one?

Haven't I already paid for half a million 'free' boilers for other people?

Sponsored Links
No you haven't.

But that's not besides the point.

Nobody should get a free boiler unless they

A need a new boiler.

AND

B there's a compelling (considered case by case) reason why the property OWNER is unable to pay.

And certainly, beggars shouldn't be choosers.

The OP has a functioning Classic. There is no need to be spunking thousands of tax payer's money on a free (an oxymoron if ever there was :rolleyes:) boiler.

Your scrounging neighbours had one? Must be OK then. :evil:

How is it that you feel that you'd be paying for my 'free' boiler,and that I've not in fact paid for my own 'free' boiler Dan?

Sponsored Links
It's fairly obvious that my meaning was that I'd made an unwilling contribution to the estimated half million 'free' boilers already fitted under the current scheme.

You appear to claim that you'd be paying for my new boiler if I choose to have one.

What's the difference?

If it'll upset Dan more I'll take the Combi boiler option with all new radiators,tanks all removed,boiler in airing cupboard and flue through the roof.

Now that must cost thousands... :LOL:

I had a leaflet through the door for cavity wall insulation, absolutely FREE. All I had to do was ring the number and they would send someone round to give a no obligation quote.

A quote for what? It's FREE isn't it? :rolleyes:

free ferroli, all new rads, tanks out and re piped in a day.

some people in our marvellous nation actually deserve a free boiler!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back