Freezing oil feed pipe.

Sponsored Links
Leave the fuel for quite a while - maybe a few days just for any crap and water to settle.
As for filters, I use Crossland for the paper element type or an Atkinson one which has nylon gauze with a water settling bowl.
www.heating-parts.co.uk for on line catalogue and quick delivery.
Personally I've never closed off a plastic oil pipe by squeezing.....usually its 10mm outside diameter copper with a plastic coating so I cut where the pipe is in perfect condition and then jam a valve on. A wee prayer first could help!
As for oil theft it depends on where the tank is and whether you live in a crime area I suppose.....but its well cheap just now.
John :)

Thanks John, Tony, and others. It's clear now how I'll deal with this.
Your advice is much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
That'll do nicely Paul......if you are connecting directly to the tank, use some thread sealant as well as your PTFE - its a drag having to drain down again! Heldite is a good one, there are others by Loctite and so on.
One last tip - grease around the valve handle spindle, just to stop it rusting.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back