French Basin monoblock tap hole size problem!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First of all, Hi! I'm new here and really hope you guys can help!

I've bought a basin and furniture for my new bathroom from france and it's going to be delivered next week, was about to buy some taps from UK, but before buying thought I should check with the french seller what size the tap hole is in the basin.

He's replied saying the tap hole is 45mm! :eek:
Surely that can't be right? Can it? I thought all monoblock tap holes are 35mm? Or is it different in France? I've emailed the guy back again to check, but haven't heard back yet and am starting to panic!

If it is 45mm what tap will fit this? I'm looking for a modern style tap either something like the Bristan qube or perhaps one with a swan neck and a single lever...

Any help most appreciated! ;)

Sponsored Links
Can't quote you sizes but there ARE bigger ones, often used for bath monobloc taps. I know they're big cos I've had to drill the holes for them!

Thanks, it has arrived today and it is 35 mm after all! Panic over!
The waste seems about 40-42mm is this a standard uk size?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back