French door handle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I might ask you a too basic question, but I really need your help.
We have ordered the bespoke french doors abroad, and we realised they don't have any traditional ironmongery we hoped.
We need to choose the handles quickly so now our choices are,
to choose something from their selection anyway and change them after delivered , or to send our selection to them.
With the second choice, it is hit and miss for the delivery date and can't have the warranty, so I prefer the first choice, but is changing the handles in the UK that easy?

Sponsored Links
Changing handles is easy, the trouble you might have is getting our handles to fit their holes, i'm assuming they'll come with all locks fitted, so, its possible that they use a lock that isn't compatable with our handles i.e fixing hole centres, spindle/lever handle/knob centres, backplate sizes.

Where are they coming from?

you can get door handle/lever sets to European standards.

they are used a lot on plastic doors.

Ask your supplier the measurement between keyhole and lever spindle, and look somewhere like ironmongery direct or some door handle shop.

Sponsored Links
Where are they coming from?[/quote]

Thanks for the reply.
It is from Lithuania.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back