fridge freezer /another question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know this question about f/freezers not working in cold garages etc has been on the forum before,but my question is ,can I wrap some insulation blanket or similar stuff round the thermostat that is sited near the compressor,assuming that is where the thermostat is sited,to make it think the room is warmer than it is.

Sponsored Links
A big no no , there's no stat at the back just compressor. If you do that it will overheat and poss catch fire. It Relys on cold are the cool comp done. Only thing you can do is leave it till warmer weather gets here or take it indoors. I got a 8 ft chest freezer in the garage 15 year old and it's showing -30 ice on the seals at the mo and I fix them all the time I just scrap it off and yes food is a block of ice. All will be back to normal in spring.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back