Friendly boiler help please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Apologies as i may have posted about this before.

I have a friendly boiler, it keeps dropping pressure which suspect is a leak somewhere, but the main issue is we left the boiler on last night and it was working with all radiators and water hot etc, woke up to find a cold house and the pilot light was out, has happened twice so far ? any ideas ? i am now unable to relight the boiler for some reason ?

any help please i believe it is a sime friendly boiler, don't want to be my friend i don't think.

thanks in advance.

some extra information to add, it had a new thermocouple and ignition spark module last year.

Sponsored Links
We cannot give DIY advice on gas related aspects like pilot lights.

You will need an engineer most of whom are rather busy at the moment.

Tony

Sulking, unless I am mistaken, your boiler 'does not have a pilot burner'
Check system pressure, which should be about 1.25 and also check if mains is not turned off​

Sponsored Links
as DP says if it is a SIME Friendly that you have then you dont have a pilot light and you could not have had a thermocouple replaced as it doesnt have one , are you sure it wasnt a thermistor ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back