front porch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,
i have had a driveway done which is ok. while doing the porch i asked the builder to build two small return wall out the front, 700mm high and 700mm out, in order to fit an open front porch. this has also got a small raised step also built in the same blocks the drive is made of.
my question is, - the two small walls and the step have breached the DPC for its 2mtr width. I can see why he has done it, in order to make a step, but i have always been mindful of my DPC levels. is this going to cause me problems. there has been no membrane used to form a barrier anywhere.
i have still to pay him the remainder of the balance. What if anything is the right thing to do here.

regards

Sponsored Links
Probably ok but a pic will make it easier to decide. Is it a cavity wall? How old is the house?

house is 1954.
cavity wall.
basically i have a front door which is 1500mm wide. the two return walls he has built are either side of the door, and they will be used as the low side walls for an open porch.

the block paving step that has been played in-between the two walls as a front door step has gone two courses of bricks over the DPC, and the two side walls obviously have as well, and do not have a dpc as part of their construction. the walls are 700mm high, with about 550mm of that above the house DPC

sorry, I'm rubbish with tech, so can't do a picture.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back