Fuel prices........what can we do??

It's all Gordon Browns fault. He allowed the banks to remove the link between salaries and mortgages - so house prices went ballistic.

That link was a permanent regulation on house prices.

He should be flogged daily.

Sponsored Links
what's wrong with you lot? diesel is about £1.20 per litre... so 60p per pint? Whereas beer is £3.00 a pint!!!! where 's the problem? :eek:
I can't drink diesel, least of all four pints of it.
vomit-smiley-021.gif

Gordon Brown got us into this mess then cleared off. He should be flogged daily.
The last few months of his premiership crude oil fell back to $30 a barrel now its pushing $100 a barrel how is it his fault.Rich boy Dave is the problem.
Not so...
deal2.gif
Interesting article but this thread is about fuel prices how is Brown respnsible for crude oil going up on the world markets?
Brown isn’t responsible and I didn’t say he was. The price of these barrels is an international event and as such that’s makes it wrong to blame either Dave or Brown. I was simply agreeing with joe-90 that Brown got us into this mess.

That oil has gone up so much under the Cameron’s watch isn’t his fault any more than Brown’s but given that the price of fuel is mainly tax then it begs the question should we be more pi$$ed off at the increased price of barrels or at an incompetent previous government which the present government is trying to get us out of?

Sponsored Links
That might work in Canada - but not here in little britain :LOL:

The real problem is that the world population has doubled in my lifetime and people like the Chinese and Indians are no longer willing to ride bikes and live in mud huts. There just aren't the resources to go around. We need to lose 2/3 of our population. When the cheapo oil runs out - I'm sure we will.
:LOL: You`re so right again ;)

The real problem is that the world population has doubled in my lifetime and people like the Chinese and Indians are no longer willing to ride bikes and live in mud huts. There just aren't the resources to go around. We need to lose 2/3 of our population. When the cheapo oil runs out - I'm sure we will.
thumbsup.gif
&
appl.gif

It a breath of fresh air to see someone with the balls to say it Joe. I’ve been moaning about the human over-population for yonks but the second you start saying there should be less people you get compared to Hitler or something. Nature is all about balance and we’ve upset it like no other animal – and in record time!

Think about the positive side, it can make someone think twice about using their car for short trips and people can just walk instead and get better terms on your purchase. The stores near me is just a 5 minute walk away, but most people around here seem to use the car to get to them.

They will carry on driving while they can afford it! You're right there're too many lazy people about. I very rarely use the car now unless it's over 5 miles

I’ve been moaning about the human over-population for yonks but the second you start saying there should be less people you get compared to Hitler
In 2111 people may be saying he had some good ideas. Of course it isn't PC to say that!

I’ve been moaning about the human over-population for yonks but the second you start saying there should be less people you get compared to Hitler
In 2111 people may be saying he had some good ideas. Of course it isn't PC to say that!

There is scientific theory that the Earth balances itself, so global warming, send in floods and ice, too many population, send in a natural disaster, too cool, send in a volcano eruption. It all seems to equal out long term, and if not, political pressure, send thousands to the front line to be killed.

If Joe 90's claims are correct, that means he's 100 years old, because the population in the UK in 1900 was 30 million, and is now 60 million, but in 1900, people had loads of kids, due to infant death, some would live, many didn't, nowadays, most people have 2.4 kids on average, but people live far longer. My girlfriend, has found out she might be a granny, strange to call your girlfriend a grandmother, so in her lifetime, she might be a great great grandmother. Something unheard of previously. And China I believe regulates childbirth, to one child, otherwise heavy taxes are imposed, to prevent population explosion.

It's said this winter, coldest winter in known history; then reports flu deaths; they are actually LESS than a normal winter, it's the media going off on one.

Perhaps had we have been more selective who we let into the country, we would not be supporting the people who contribute nothing, how much would that save.?

Wotan

If Joe 90's claims are correct, that means he's 100 years old, because the population in the UK in 1900 was 30 million, and is now 60 million,

I was talking about the World population you dopey bogga. :rolleyes:

I'm surprised that people who believe in depopulation are still here :eek:
confused-smiley-004.gif

Depopulation does not mean the end of a line or extinction. If people had just two or three offspring the population would dramatically reduce from natural and unnatural sad wastage.

That said I understand that a tribe in third world countries who need people to support the family from the land are not as pernicious to the world as a single so-called ‘civilised’ person.

We have many polluting ways to occupy our time which they don’t have in said third world countries, so if you were them how else are you going to fill your time..
love-smiley-076.gif

If 'we' followed that example the world would be replete with people all aspiring to get a car, fridge, TV, flights abroad etc. etc. And what kind of world that would be I dread to think...

Sponsored Links
Back