Fujitoyo oil filter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I ordered an oil filter off Amazon last week for my Mark 2 Focus 1.6 TDCI. This is the Focus with the Peugeot diesel engine. The oil filter is the cylindrical cardboard insert type.

The Amazon advert said it was a MEHR filter which I have used before with no problems. The parcel came this morning and it is a FUJITOYO oil filter. This is a poor quality knock off probably made by a nine year old in a back street workshop in a third world country. I have already expressed my displeasure vociferously with the retailer who has refunded me and has removed the advert from Amazon. When I ordered a MEHR filter I expected to receive a MEHR filter. Not an unreasonable expectation.

Part of the filter appears to be a disc of fuzzy felt (children of the 60's and 70's will know what I'm on about) glued onto the end which may lose fibres from the felt and get into the turbo. A disaster waiting to happen.

I have read bad things about FUJITOYO oil filters online previously and am posting this to warn other car maintenance Do It Yourself-ers to avoid the brand.

Sponsored Links
My local factors stocks filters like this, always seem to be a different brand. I cant say ive ever had a problem with them but i now stick to either mann or wix filters as the quality is safe.
Not worth trying to save a few quid on the life blood of your engine.

I've used these too - and as far as I know all has been well but who knows about the filtering medium inside....that's why its Blueprint for me.
Again, its one of those areas that you hope you are getting quality for your money.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Back