G4 Accenta Alarm - Bell stopped working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I've got a problem with an alarm which was installed just over two years ago.

Everything has been working fine until the other day I was unanbe to enter my reset code fast enough and expected to hear the screech of the bell box outside but nothing happened. I can tell there is power to the bell box as the strobe works.

The access panel sounded as it should and made a screech but that was it. I've tried looking on line to find an answer but cant see anything.

Many thanks in advance and sorry if you've answered this a thousands time before.

Ade

Sponsored Links
Try doing a bell test or try the panic alarm (if fitted/enabled) or set the alarm whilst still in the house - then move about. If none of this sets it off, check the installation paperwork to see if you have a bell delay programmed in (which shouldn't affect the bell test...).

Failing that, contact your installer or be prepared to get your screwdrivers, multimeter or, maybe, your ladders out!

Your keypad will have the two button panic alarm option so press and hold this will over ride any bell delay and sound internal external and KP audible items instantly, IF you then go outside and your external bell is not sounding then the problem will probably be within the bell box unit.
time for ladders screwdrivers and the engineers codes to be used (sorry)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back