Galaxy 2-12 - disable telephone line monitoring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just programming my first Galaxy 2-12 panel, and cannot see how to disable the fact that there's no phone line connected to the unit. Any pointers?

Sponsored Links
Thanks - done that twice (and set to yes too), and still comes up as fault with exiting engineer mode.

Also, have '+CU AC 0002' as a second fault.

Weird - Just done a full power cycle, 230v and battery off, re-started, and it all works OK, and all faults have cleared!

Sponsored Links
Once you had re-programmed the setting, you need to exit engineer mode, then log back in as the master and confirm the previous faults. After viewing each fault, they would then clear.

You can also achieve the same with a powercycle or 51.17 restart as you've now learned :)

Thanks - done that twice (and set to yes too), and still comes up as fault with exiting engineer mode.

Do you not have the install manual?
How do you expect to be able to programme this panel without it?
All the fault displays are in the manual (at the back)

If a fleabay special you've got a problem.

The Galaxy does not come with a manual these days, it's a Pro system & don't bother calling Honeywell for one, you'll be unlucky.

+CU AC , Mains to panel turned back on.

Do you not have the install manual?
How do you expect to be able to programme this panel without it?
All the fault displays are in the manual (at the back)

If a fleabay special you've got a problem.

The Galaxy does not come with a manual these days, it's a Pro system & don't bother calling Honeywell for one, you'll be unlucky.

+CU AC , Mains to panel turned back on.

Thanks SocDesign - steep learning curve, but getting less so now!

Europlex - Yes, I have a manual.

OK - I think I'm being a dumb ass here - Cue sarky re-post comments.....

Zones named and programmed for full and night set.

Master user code still 1234. Sets OK with 1234A, and 1234B2 for night.

If I let it set, and then type 1234ENT without triggering a final zone it unsets OK. If I trigger a final zone, it doesn't let me unset, typing 1234ENT brings up the message 'Status Set'.

You'll need a PACE (fob or tag) to unset because it's a graded panel. i.e. You're not allowed to unset it with the code... :(

OK - I think I'm being a dumb ass here - Cue sarky re-post comments.....

Zones named and programmed for full and night set.

Master user code still 1234. Sets OK with 1234A, and 1234B2 for night.

If I let it set, and then type 1234ENT without triggering a final zone it unsets OK. If I trigger a final zone, it doesn't let me unset, typing 1234ENT brings up the message 'Status Set'.

The panel defaults are for DD243, which only allows unset with a tag/fob. You need to change menu item 51.55.3 'Restrict Keypads' to 'No' if you want to unset with the keypad, tag or fob.

Graded as in Grade 2 or Grade 3, or graded as in second hand off eBay?

It's a brand new panel with a Mk7 non prox keypad.

Are we saying that the panel cannot work as a standard keypad with no prox?

I don't quite understand why I can unset if the final zone has not been activated, but not if it has.

We had a Galaxy panel where I used to work, and we had no prox, but could set / unset the panel from the keypad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back