Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone could help me to figure out how to use a 24 hour zone on my Galaxy G2-20 whilst maintaining the ability to deactivate the zone when required?

I have seen this done in a company I used to work for where the fire doors where monitored for breaches but one door on the system could be temporarily "switched off" if you like, so the door could be opened without the alarm triggering. Is it just a case of wiring a key switch with resistors to make the panel read a closed signal?

Thanks,

Josh

Sponsored Links
I think that's how I'd do it - Use the keyswitch to shunt the contact (or whatever). Remember that a 24Hr circuit is always a 24Hr circuit and will still activate in Engineers Mode - program it as "spare" (or similar) before you mess with the wiring.

Hi Eightytwo,

The zone I want to use is set as spare at the moment, and I have run the cable to the contact, can you recommend a way to wire the key switch in series or to the zone so that it shunts the contact away from the system and the key takes over?

Josh

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back