GALAXY G2 ALARM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I hope someone out there can help me with this. I have just bought a Galaxy G2 , 12 zone alarm which I have partly installed.
I have the full manual for the box but am unsure on what to do with the unused zones I know that I have to use the 1k resistors but not sure where to put these! obviously one leg in the unused zone, but where does the other leg go?
your help will be much appreciated.
Sam

Sponsored Links
The other leg goes into the 0V connection of the zone. The zone is then programmed as spare.

The spare zone is then ignored and the resistor just stops any floating inputs in to the ADC chips on the PCB.

Many thanks for your help, it's all up and running now! one more question, I am trying to wire a contact for the back door, how is this done with the two 1k resistors and what happens at the panel end? does one end go into the tamper circuit and one in the zone? or do the two wires from the contact go into the -ve and then the zone?

your help is appreciated.
Sam

At the panel, put the wire across the zone.

At the contact, it depends on whether your contact has a tamper switch. If it does, wire the same way as the PIR: one wire to one end of the contact AND one end of a resistor. The other end of the resistor and the contact are connected with the second resistor. The other end of the second resistor goes into one side of the tamper switch and the second panel wire goes into the other side of the tamper switch.

If you don't have a tamper switch, connect as above with the second wire to the end of the second resistor.

In practice, you would hold the two resistors together and twist one end together to make a "Y" shape. One resistor is wired across the contact. The panel is connected to the 'tips' at the top of the Y. The contact is used to short circuit one resistor. The panel should see one resistor (1k) when the door is closed and two (2k) when it's open.

Sponsored Links
Hi, thank you for your prompt reply will try in the morning! don't want to wake up the neighbours!!
My panel has built in coms and it is suppose to send text messages to three numbers which I have put in, set the system off earlier and didn't get any texts, what am I doing wrong?

thanks for your earlier reply.

Sam

For sms to work via PSTN, you need to add a TAP based message centre telephone number into the panel menu. Have you done this? The TAP services aren't the most reliable and cost between 17p to 50p per txt. The Galaxy can send quite a few out at a time too.

I think the cheapest TAP provider that's still working is Vodafone at 17p a message. The message center number for menu 56.1.17.2 is 07785499993. Note that even if the message fails you will be billed for the call.

Alternatively, can add a low cost Ethernet module into the panel and then use a service like selfmon to send email / sms / voice options of the detailed panel events. The Ethernet module also supports remote keypad via android too, so you can reset your panel remotely when you get an event. I use this functionality for my Dimension panel.

Hi, thank you, just checked Selfmon, they recommend their own make of Ethernet Module (LCE-01), would you buy this or the proper Honeywell?
Is it going to be hellishly difficult to set up?
thanks again for all your help and advice.

Sam

If you want the remote keypad, then you need the LCE for the Galaxy 2. The Honeywell module costs £170, but does not support the keypad app. If you know how to setup an IP address for your routers subnet, then it's pretty straightforward.

Hi, wondered if anyone knows weather or not I will need a static IP address for the LCE module?

any help will be appreciated.

You mean on your home network, then yes. For your wan connection its not needed unless you want to connect to the keypad. You can use dyndns for that if your router doesn't have a static wan ip.

Set the panel IP address to something high on your subnet. Ie. 192.168.0.250 if your router address is 192.168.0.1

Email the selfmon admin if you get stuck

Hi, I am trying to get this right in my head, I have a router with various devices connected to it. LCE will also connect to my router, and will be allocated an IP address by my router, I will then be able to access LCE through my network, receive email alerts etc, but to connect to it remotely will need a static address...so unless I have this I wont be able to reset the alarm? is this right?

Nearly. The Galaxy Ethernet modules need a static address. If your router provides dhcp addresses to devices it will do so using a range of addresses. You need to either adjust the range to leave some addresses for static assignment or select a static address high in the range.

For connecting to the remote keypad if you don't have a static IP from your ISP then you need to use dynamic dns to get a resolvable name to reach your router from external networks.

so would I be able to use Free NoIp to access the panel to set/unset etc?
this is all getting beyond me....feeling a bit dense!!!

Yes. Noip is a way of getting a consistent address for your changing wan (internet) address. You would use the noip address to connect to the panel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back