Galaxy G2 - outbuildings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm considering alarm options for our new house, and i've been looking at the Galaxy G2-12 (or perhaps 20).

The house has a detached garage, and i would like to have that tied into the system. Is it possible to have the garage on a separate "zone", where i can disarm the main system (for instance while at home during the day) but leave the garage armed, unless i specifically disarm it (with a separate code or tag or something)?

We have a Galaxy system at work (i think its a G3 or Dimension though) which is configured like this, disarming the main building leaves two annexes armed, and if you want to disarm those areas you need a specific prox-tag for those areas.

Is it worth looking at the more expensive G3/Dimension systems even if the G2 can do it? What do the newer systems gain me?

Also, if i have a prox-tag for another Galaxy system (ie work), is it possible to code it onto the alarm and have the same tag work two different systems? Or would coding it onto the system at home break the link with the other system.

Thanks
Kev

Sponsored Links
It can be done. It's called groups on the galaxy, areas on Texecom and partitions on Scantronic kit. It works as you say.

AFAIK, the g2-20 can do it. Not too sure about the g2-12. Not reallly a galaxy man, but Oasis is among other's, so I'm sure he'll point you in the right direction if needed. But as above the Texecom Premier and Scantronic I-ON will do the same, as will the Castle Euro stuff.

Regarding the prox tag on multiple systems, it can be done, as the tag just emits a code, which is known by the system. Think about it though, you loose your work tag, you can't get in at home. You swap tags at work, now you can't get in at home or work, but someone else can do both! Personally, I wouldn't have one tag for both systems, there's too much to go wrong.

I know you'll still have a code, but people do forget it no matter what they say, as most tags will also let you reset the system. On a galaxy though, you can't reset it with a tag.

Thanks for that.

Good to know there are other options too.

Any thoughts on the G2 vs the newer panels like the Dimension?

Fair point on the multiple tags, but its useful to know it can be done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back