Galaxy G2 RF Fail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've come home tonight to an error on the keypad, it seems all PIR sensors and door sensors are no longer communicating with the system.

I'm assuming that the RF module could be knackered, is this common, and is a straightforward fix? I have the engineers code and have previously moved the keypad myself, so I think I could manage an RF module change (I hope).

Sponsored Links
Try power cycling the rf portal.

Which firmware version is the portal ?

Hi GalaxyGuy,

How do I power cycle the rf portal? How do I find out which firmware it's running?

You need to disconnect and reconnect power while in engineering mode. If you've used the screw terminals to connect the power, then it would be easier to just power down the panel and disconnect the battery for a few seconds. The panel will retain all settings except the time and date.

The only way of identifying the firmware on the G2 is by looking at the small square label on the CPU chip of the RF portal.

Sponsored Links
Powering down the system seems to have resolved most of the issues, but now we have a couple of PIR sensors that don't seem to be working when I do a walk test. I've checked the last signal for these zones and they're showing as 0/10.

I guess I should try re-pairing them up to the system to see if they come back?

When I was looking at the RF module, it had a red light flashing next to 485, is that normal?

Numbers on the RF modules were F135 00 105, does that make any sense?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back