Galaxy G2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I recently acquired a Galaxy G2-20 to install as a bit of a project to replace a long-dead ADE Concept 6 that'd been installed before we moved into the property.

Unfortunately I don't have access to the user/engineer codes and the person I bought the panel from gave me instructions on how to default it - I won't post these publicly for obvious reasons - however I'm having a bit of trouble actually getting these to work as they're a little vague to say the least. They're also not the same as the instructions I've seen posted publicly online (possibly on this forum) that are reportedly incorrect.

At the minute the panel boots and shows "Alert / Enter Code" on the keypad. The panel's been fitted with replacement fuses on the board (at least one of these had gone) and a new battery.

I'm wondering if anyone could shed some light on what I'm doing wrong, if the instructions I've been given are correct (I can send them in PM or something?) or if anyone could give me the correct instructions/procedure for defaulting the panel - this would be greatly appreciated.

For reference seeing as it seems to be relevant the panel isn't an ex-ADT unit.

Any help is maaaassively appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Ryan

Sponsored Links
Hi Ryan,

The method posted on various forums doesn't work with the G2 series - not sure if it was posted to mislead DIY'ers, as I haven't seen it work with any of the firmware levels I've seen. It also doesn't work with the older G8+/G16+ boards. If you get stuck PM me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back