Galaxy Keypads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of redecorating, so will be running alarm cables underneath the walls before they are lined over..

Which keypad for a galaxy G2 do you recommend for a master bedroom, I would like it to look as good as possible for a keypad!

I was thinking about a Mk8 or a Flush one, has anyone had much experience with flush ones? and are they particularly easy to fit?

Thanks

Matt

Sponsored Links
Flush ones will have a back box like a cooker switch back box or a lighting grid back box , the only issue is if you want to change it at a later date !

Get an Ethernet module and load the keypad up on your iPhone or Android phone. No wires, no holes and you can set from your bed if you've forgotten to set.

The flush mount Galaxy keypad is too big and ugly. If you must have a keypad, then be sure to get a CP038, as you'll need to turn the volume down.

Sponsored Links
I'll probably go with one of those Mk8 ones with the volume control!

The Ethernet is something I've considered before, I've seen them on eBay. Would you say that they are relatively simple to install and program?

Does any one have an instruction guide or something I can look through, may well fit both..

Thanks

The Mk8 usually cost a little more. I gave my wife the option of MK8 or TouchCenter in the hallway, but she said neither, so I fitted an MK7 inside the cupboard and one at the back door instead. She said the MK8 looked like a big calculator and the touch center was just too big. It would be better if there was something like a low cost wall mounted tablet to control the panel.

The module is wired in the same way as a keypad with 4 wires. The Ethernet menu at 56.4 then needs configured with an IP address.

http://www.sm-alarms.co.uk/manuals/LCE-01/LCE-01-MANUAL.pdf

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back