Gap at bottom of uPVC double patio door- how to fix?

N

NewFolder

I have a double uPVC patio door at the back of my house. It isn't that old, it replaced an old door which had this same problem, along with other problems.

Basically, it seems that the right hand door (the main one) has somehow moved since installation, and is now misaligned. This means that the door is difficult to lock, and there is quite a large gap at the bottom which I can see daylight through. This gap allows quite alot of heat to escape, and despite my cavity walls being insulated, the temperate drops quite significantly a few hours after the central heating goes off.

So is there any way to correct the alignment on this type of door? If you need any further info, let me know.

Sponsored Links
sounds like it has dropped(the weight of the glass is causing it to lean over at the top) needs toe and heeling properly then adjusting on hinges if required

Without seeing it or photo, it's difficult but if it's just need adjusting there should a grommet or hole for the screwdriver for adjustment, will need a crowbar to lift it slightly to take the weight off while adjusting, plenty of youtube video for patio door adjusting

01.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sorry for the very late reply, didn't get the e-mail notification that people had replied to the topic.

The doors are French Doors I think, they aren't sliding doors, and they are a bit like a standard PVCu front door, apart from they are almost fully glass, apart from the PVCu border, and there are two doors. Each door has an independent lock and handle (both operated with the same keys though), the RH door has to be opened first and has a multipoint lock like a PVCu front door which locks into the LH door, and the LH door appears to lock at the top and bottom of the door frame.

The RH door is the one we're having problems with, the LH door is fine, although the LH door isn't used very often.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back