Gap between skirting and laminate floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Strange question, possibly.

I am due to have a laminate floor fitted shortly (getting a fitter in to do it). I have removed the skirting boards with the intention of replacing them (instead of beading) once the floor has been down. A slight worry I have is that when I replace it, there will be an uneven gap between the bottom edge of skirting and the floor. I suppose the extent of the gap will depend on how level the floor is. How flat can expect the floor to be layed by the fitter? Is this usually a problem or am I worrying too much about it?

Thanks for your help!
R

Sponsored Links
Your floor can only be laid as flat as the subfloor underneath. If your paying the fitter to do prep work to the subfloor you should be getting approx (maximum) 3mm in 3 meter run out depending on what kind of prep work your paying the fitter to do. If the person fitting the skirt is good at there trade :eek: they will scribe the skirting to the floor anyway. So no gaps depending on how uneven the base is

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back