gap between skirting and wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I wonder if anyone knows the best way to solve my problem..just had bedroom walls replastered and new skirting boards put on, however, although they have gone round and filled in with silicone it appears to be slightly lower between the skirting board and walls..so when i undercoat the skirting boards there's going to be a 'difference' in levels if you get me?..which im'e not too happy about..lol..and going round with filler trying to make it level worries me that it may look even worse than how it is now..any suggestions please?..

Sponsored Links
Hi, I wonder if anyone knows the best way to solve my problem..just had bedroom walls replastered and new skirting boards put on, however, although they have gone round and filled in with silicone it appears to be slightly lower between the skirting board and walls..so when i undercoat the skirting boards there's going to be a 'difference' in levels if you get me?..which im'e not too happy about..lol..and going round with filler trying to make it level worries me that it may look even worse than how it is now..any suggestions please?..

It's usual to fill the gap between carpentry and plastered wall with acrylic decorator's caulk.

Cheers
Richard

Decorators caulk is easy to work with so dont be afraid, it wipes off with a wet finger or sponge. Just arm yourself with a bucket of water and a cloth or sponge when you do it.

Sponsored Links
the big advantage of caulk is that it is easy to paint. In time, it may crack, though.

Thanks everyone with advise..taken it onboard..will put some more calk round and level it up..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back