Garador Mk4/22 1977

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can anyone help?

On my 7' wide by 6'6" steel panel Garador Mk4/22 1977 the left hand side (looking out from the garage) upper most 'inner' spring has just broken.

This spring is attached to the anchor pin at the top of the steel frame.

To remove the now detached lower spring assembly, do I have to essentially prise further apart the existing aperture in the steel frame, allowing the diameter of the 'lower' spring to pass through?

This 'lower' spring & white plastic tube assembly is rigid along its entire length.

Does this mean that the position of the prised (widened) aperture will need to be some distance from the garage floor?

Also, does this mean that the vertical length of the prised (widened) aperture in the steel frame will need to be substantial?

I apologise sincerely for the prolonged dialogue above, but not for the life of me can I work out how to remove and replace the spring assembly from within the vertical steel frame at each side of the garage door!

Candidly, must I, with great care, damage the steel frame?

Pry bars (to widen the existing aperture) and hammer (to return to the pre-existing aperture) will be the tools required?

Is the spring assembly number likely to be pressed into the inner spring 'eye' and/or the plastic collar so I know what to order?

I should like to begin the job tomorrow, Sunday 2nd August.

All information received gratefully and entirely without prejudice!

With thanks.

Kind regards,

Gary.

Sponsored Links
Hello Dave54,
Thanks for the info, which I am aware of.
I suppose what I am asking is, 'Has anyone reading this forum actually done this job themselves' and would like to pass on their experiences/advice?
Gary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back